Re: Roland announce RE-20 'space echo'

i have a version which hold's the 1/4 in. tape in a round plastic sorta cassette, rather then having the tape laying open,which is the way most space echo's were.i don't use it often,but when i do it's great,none of the digital's in my studio, can sound like that,(it's very 60ish delay,and thats the way i use it)i have no idea if the lenth of tape that your's takes,makes a differance,but yes i just use ampeg,and it works .(i think most musicisn's,of the era of the tape echo's never changed tape,or at the best, very seldom) i would consider buying the re 20 and any other vintage gear of that era.fire it up,have some fun...Micmanus
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 12:23 PM
Subject: Re: Roland announce RE-20 'space echo'

Have you tried to plug it in? Maybe the power supply is dead.

- Larry

Stefan Tiedje <Stefan-Tiedje@addcom.de>

04/05/2007 06:06 AM

Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
cc
Subject

Dirk Wilbert schrieb:
> Hi - I played the RE-20 today at the Musikmesse in Frankfurt. Very nice
> effect, kind of warm and "vintage" sound - but I don't know how the
> original sounds - so I can't compare...

I just found an original RE-201 on the street in front of my flat. The
tape is missing, but I guess I can throw in some 1/4 inch...
Its heavy, and I am sure, beside just trying it, I won't use it. But I
looked at ebay and there seems to be quite an interest in those kind of
 gear.

Anybody interested? I have to check if it works at all, but the pots
"feel" very solid and fine at least...

I guess it was sitting in a cave for some years, but beside some dust it
looks fine...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------