Re: New stuff

On 3 apr 2007, at 16.40, nemoguitt@aol.com wrote:
> good stuff.....but the truth of the matter is this, i know no one,
> friends, family etc. that would listen to this music.....

True that. :) I often think the same thing, then I encounter some off the wall weird shit and I realize I'm not the only one who records things from Bizarro World.  I've been listening to some Current 93, Coil, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum type stuff lately and that can be pretty strange.

>Hey, Michael. I recognize Tony's musical attitude (with that piece)
>as what some Swedish jazz musician use to call "SPRÄCK". I don't now
>how to call that genre in English, the Swedish word is absolutely
>hilarious in Swedish, but it would translate into something like
>"fuck shit up" or simply "explode".

"SPRÄCK"  I like it!

>when you listen to it. Sorry for the long and confused post, but what
>I was trying to say is that there are some people that would listen
>to that music ;-)

I'm sure there are!  No matter what, I'm always surprised when anybody appreciates what I do.  Because some is pretty far out there.  One of my friends always tells me that I need to adjust my medication after he hears these pieces. haha

All said and done, however, I do it for myself and if other people like it, that's cool.  If not, well, I'm not making a living off of it, I just do it for fun.  With a piece like this, I had no real  preconceived intent other than to do something sort of extreme with the Bitrman, I hit record, started tweaking knobs and went with the flow. I do remember getting done and thinking "ok, that was pretty fucked up."  :)

Tony

On 4/3/07, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On 3 apr 2007, at 16.40, nemoguitt@aol.com wrote:
> good stuff.....but the truth of the matter is this, i know no one,
> friends, family etc. that would listen to this music.....

Hey, Michael. I recognize Tony's musical attitude (with that piece)
as what some Swedish jazz musician use to call "SPRÄCK". I don't now
how to call that genre in English, the Swedish word is absolutely
hilarious in Swedish, but it would translate into something like
"fuck shit up" or simply "explode". Usually this music is (or was)
played by "jazz musician" although the "real" jazz musicians (those
who know the Stan Getz catalog by heart) would not agree that these
"spräck" musicians has anything to do with jazz. Maybe the wildest
live recordings from Albert Ayler's band could qualify as SPRÄCK?
Anyway, sometimes it sounds horrible and I can't stand it and
sometimes it sounds so extreme that I just love it. Still don't
understand exactly what makes the difference although it's obvious
when you listen to it. Sorry for the long and confused post, but what
I was trying to say is that there are some people that would listen
to that music ;-)
per

--
-==-=-=-