Decibal loss, DI Box, and ABY Box

Hello all:

I've asked around about this issue a little, but can't seem to get a
good answer, so I thought I'd ask the experts.

Here's my problem:
I'm experiencing a 5-10 db loss from the _XLR out_ of my DI box
(Whirlwind IMP2) when I select the channel on my ABY box (Whirlwind
Selector) opposite the one that the 1/4" out on the DI box is feeding.
Got that?  :)

A little more info:
I loop both my guitar and vocals, and I use the ABY box to choose which
signal will be fed into the Loop Station. The guitar signal chain is as
follows:
LRBaggs Element ----> Aura -----> Boss CE5 -----> IMP2 (DI Box). From
here the Guitar signal splits. The XLR out of the IMP2 goes to the
board, and the 1/4" out of the IMP2 goes to the A channel of the ABY box.

So again, when I select the B channel on the ABY box, I get a 5-10 db
loss on the _XLR Out_ of the IMP2.  This just makes no sense to me.

I emailed Whirlwind and got this response:
"This is because the output that is not selected is being shorted. I'm
surprised that the drop is only 5 or 6 dB."

I asked for a bitter more in depth explanation and got this:
"Basically when A is selected Bis shorted from tip to ground muting that
channel.You cannot use the selector for what you are trying to do."

I asked if they made any products that could help and got this:
"I do not have a good suggestion for this purpose."

As you can see, Whirlwind's tech support guy was in a hurry. So I'm just
left scratching my head here. Can anyone help me out? Why's this
happening? How can I fix it?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Enjoy the day.
Domenick Swentosky