Hi - new here and looking for advice

Hi everyone
I'm new to the list and I'm looking  for some advice.

I'm looking to buy a loop pedal and having never used any equipment live (performing acapella without mics with a band I was in or just playing -me and the guitar) I'm a bit lost as the the equipment I might need to perform on stage. I apologise in advance for what may seem ridiculous questions!

Basically I want to be able to loop vocals and acoustic guitar, incorporate rhythm and keyboards into the loops and go from there.

I'm probably going to go for the RC-20 (finances don't allow to go for the next model up just yet) but what would you suggest my set-up should be? What kind of amp would I need to buy? Bearing in mind there's only me and I don't have a car! I know I want to be able to practice at home (with good headphones so I don't drive the neighbours crazy) on the same equipment. What could I use to create good drum tracks live? I'd be really interested to know if any of you use a set-up like this.

I have done an music production and audio engineering course so understand the terminology but the equipment side of things has always phased me. Very little of our course covered live work it was mostly learning the desk and Pro Tools training. My home terrain is working in Pro Tools and with various other music computing software but I don't want to simply create backing tracks - I want to create music live. Naturally I love using loops and creating layers of vocal harmonies - hence feeling dissatisfied performing alone with just the guitar. My influences range from folk, electronica to world - I'm working on a set inspired and influenced by Tori Amos, David Fonseca, Camille,  Jose Gonazalez, Portuguese Fado music, flamenco and  trance but now I need to go and and buy the equipment that I need to make the music in my head possible on stage.

I guess I'm trying to be a one woman band but from watching the likes of KT Tunstall and other artists working with loops I can see that is entirely possible. It's very inspiring!

I have been reading many of your posts and can see a lot of people here really know there stuff. Absolutely any advice would be welcome - from loop pedals to amps to keyboards. If you play a small venue what equipment do you take? I love my guitar but he wants a bit of company :-)

Lastly, whatever this set-up is - could I then plug it into Pro Tools (if any of you guys use it) so that I can record my efforts (or would you suggest simply mic-ing up the amp?)

Gosh, I'm just a bundle of questions.

Thanks for reading this far
I look forward to hearing from any of you.

Leah
http://www.myspace.com/leahwhitehorse