Re: inaccessability of music

Well, it wasn't our music that drove all the people out, it was the
heat.  We were playing in the packed basement of a frat house during the
hottest day of the year.  When we took our first break, the crowd moved
outside to the parking lot and somebody turned on the hose.  That did
it.  No one came back inside for the second set but the band.

So we played anyway.  One guy wandered in during our set because the keg
was in the corner.  He looked at us playing to no one, shook his head
and wandered back outside.

After we finished a full set to an empty room, one couple came in just
as we'd stopped and said they wanted to dance.  So we got back up and
played for them.

It was pretty wild out on that parking lot.  I went to check it out
during a break and got a bucket of water dumped on me from an upstairs
window.

John McIntyre
mcintyre@pa.msu.edu