Re: looping pedal with decay?

As I've sold off most of my dedicated hardware in
favor of Mobius software looping, I must say that I
kept my DD-20 Gigadelay.  I really like it AND it's
stereo (Important if you're using stereo effects or
synths and want to keep that sound)

--- radio radio <radiotelevision@gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks for the replies! I think the Gibson EDP is
> out of my price range,
> unless I can find a rediculous deal on one on Ebay,
> but I am glad to know
> that that the Boomerang does have a decay - I did
> not realize that. Right
> now that may look like the best option, although I
> am a bit wary of the
> noise that many reviewers report as my rig is
> already quite noisey. Another
> person recommended the Electro Harmonix 2880 or
> their 16 second delay (and
> mentioned that the original lexicon jamman and the
> electrix repeater also
> had a function to set the feedback). I'm glad to
> know that I what I want
> does indeed exist and for the help in narrowing it
> down. Now I can return
> the looper I bought that I thought had a set-able
> feedback but does not
> (digitech jamman). In looking at these other ones, I
> can't tell which ones
> accept more than one type of input (e.g.,
> instrument, mic, and line levels).
> I would want at least the ability to use an
> instrument and a mic, although I
> wouldn't necessarily need to be able to do both
> simultaneously, so long as I
> got quick at switching.
>
> Does anyone else out there want to weigh in on this
> issue before I spend the
> money I don't have? The quest is for a looping pedal
> that takes both
> instrument level and line level and which you can
> set the feedback for the
> loops (versus having them loop infinitely). I
> currently do not have any rack
> equipment, is that a bridge I want to cross? Is
> there anything else I should
> be considering in a addition?
>
> The ones mentioned so far are:
>
> Gibson Echoplex
> Boomerang plus
> Electro-Harmonix 2820
> Electro-Harmonix 16 second delay
> Original Lexicon Jamman
> Electrix Repeater
>
> ?????????????????????????????

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> Eben
>
> On 2/27/07, mike@michaelplishka.com
> <mike@michaelplishka.com> wrote:
> >
> > If I read you correctly, the Gibson EDP does what
> you want and tons more!
> > I upgraded from a Boomerang plus which does have
> the decay but you pick it
> > ahead of time (i.e. 20 reps, 10, 1 or infinite I
> beleive)
> >
> > my 2 cents...
> >
> > Plish
> >
> > www.myspace.com/michaelplishka
> > www.myspace.com/bohdanovich
> > www.michaelplishka.com
> >
> > > The only things that I know of that will do what
> you
> > > describe are delay pedals.  I think the Giga
> delay
> > > would be your best bet, but I'd also read
> somewhere
> > > that this one artist(I can't remebmer his name)
> uses
> > > Eventide rack mount processors set up with an
> > > algorhythm that was set with a 95% feedback so
> that
> > > his loops would decay over time. That sounds
> more like
> > > what you want, but that stuff is way expensive.
> Other
> > > than that, sounds like all you need is a digital
> delay
> > > unit with copious anmounts of time and to be
> able to
> > > set the  feedback setting as needed to make the
> loops
> > > decay over time.
> > > --- radio radio <radiotelevision@gmail.com>

> am
> (and
> can't
> human
> advance
> be
> Until

> like
> loops
> lay
> eventually
> this
> is
> new
> without
> track

> giga

> that
> you can
> this
> that
> aware
> to be

> don't
> don't
> instrument
> for
> is

=== message truncated ===

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html