audient incidents

  If musicians play slack cause the turnout is light,I'm less likely to
support them in the future.There are other factorsif I know them I'll
complain for sure.. But I'm more interested in the art than the glory.
Once
I was playing a reggae gig,with a brilliant Jamaican bass player.The venue
was a little sports bar with a TVs everwhere you looked and less than a
dozen people all at the bar in the other room, ignoring us.  Reggae is
simple enough that you have to put your emotional energy into it ,or it
can
get boring.We played for the joy of it-the music was great,world class,and
we were having a ball.In the last half hour a young couple came in,didn't
even look old enough to drink,and  danced in such a purely blissed out
state,that we all felt like it was totally worthwhile. We could clearly
see
that what we were doing really really meant something to these folks,and
of
course they said so after. That makes it totally worth it to me. You never
know wether there's someone in the corner who  you didn't even notice that
loves what you're doing.Or maybe it was Ahmet Ertegun ,and he decided the
performer's couldn't deliver the goods, cause their attittude was more
important to them than the music.

Play Flexicon: the crossword game that feeds your brain. PLAY now for
FREE.
  http://zone.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmtagline