Re: repeater: problem solved (fingers crossed)

We just loves us some Zoe, that's all.

On 3/7/07, Zoe Keating <cello@zoekeating.com> wrote:
Hello,

THANK YOU to everyone who responded, kindly offering their Repeater.
Everyone who wrote categorically refused to accept compensation for
the use of their valuable looping device, which I think speaks to the
real community spirit on this list. I am grateful, thank you.

Anyway....I solved my problem (I think).

Here's what I did. Went to hardware store. Bought a torq wrench. Took
repeater apart. Made sure all the visible connections were solidly
connected (pressed in all the ribbon cables for example).
Put it back together. It worked! I think I'm golden (until the next
time it konks out). I think it might have happened on my flight back
from the UK. The units are shock mounted, and travel in a foam lined
case, but nothing can really protect your gear from the alternate,
throw-your-case-20-feet-in-the-air, reality it enters when handled by
airline employees.

Really, I feel like I have some debt to pay here, maybe I should
invite the entire Loopers Delight list over for a dinner/annoy-the-
neighbours--group-jam????

hugs and kisses all round (!), Zoe