Re: mp3 clip posted

On 6 mar 2007, at 18.41, rune fagereng wrote:

> I thought you played sax - this sounds like a
> guitar-hero..
> It was guitar ?
>
> Nice !

Yes, I play sax but guitar is my premier instrument. However this
looping jam was played with the EWI through a guitar rig.  I spent
some time setting up my EWI to get close to the floating vibrato
machinery feel of my Stratocaster - i.e. that you can bend notes both
upwards and downwards, and also that a wide vibrato goes both over
and under the correct pitch (where you tend to land it when stopping
the vibrato). I think the "guitarishness" comes from how I'm starting
the notes that are going to slide into other notes. When you have
learned guitar as the first instrument you tend to do those slides at
certain points in the scales and it spills over into other
instruments you play.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)