response today from boss regarding the rc50

"As the pedal exists today, there is no way around that slight delay when
you change patches. Although there may be an update some day which
addresses
this, this is how the pedal works for now. If you need it to be fixed
soon,
you had better take it back.
I hope that this helps answer your request. If you need more assistance in
this matter, please either re-submit your support request or contact our
Product Support Department at the appropriate number:

Digital Recorders and Mixers: 323-890-3741
Guitar/Percussion Products: 323-890-3743
Pianos, Organs, Arrangers: 323-890-3744
Synths/Sound Modules/Groove Products: 323-890-3745
Product Support Main: 323-890-3740

Sincerely,
Roland Product Support"

if i knew it would be fixed one day then i could live with it but they
wont
even say that much.