Re: Playing at Home v. Playing Live

On 3/1/07, mark sottilaro <zerocrossing2001@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Truth is, I got tired of performing pop songs live.

Yeah, I can understand that!

> So while I hope to get my shit together and start
> playing out from time to time, I find I don't really
> crave it much.  Usually I can't hear myself well, feel
> like I'm disconnected from the audience because of a
> mountain of gear...

Every now and then I have the urge to play out, but then I remember
the last time I did and the urge goes away.  On the other hand, I have
so much gear that I've collected for the job that it seems like a
waste of a perfectly good PA to not play out.  I think it would be
different if I had someone to collaborate with.  (And to share setup
and tear down duties!)  ;-)

> A few times a year I say this and usually get no
> want to come over for some loop'n?  Let me know.

Anybody near Tucson?

Doug