Re: the side effects of looping

Dan said,

> Do any of you guys know what I'm talking about?

Heheheh. From personal experience, I can only wish I did.

Since I could never sing and play at the same time (even now after 45
years of guitaring and 25 years of loping) I never really got into "songs"
and such -- as far as my own playing goes anyway.

I love a good "song" as much as the next person. But it's always been
beyond me to put one together -- or at least to do so AND to perform it.

I've been looping now for just a few years short of half as long as I've
been alive.

I started looping mostly because it seemed to fit into my limitations and
the way my brain naturally works.

I organise "tunes" and "compositions" in a sort of sideways to normal
manner anyway -- if I do so at all (even when I'm not looping).

Mostly I just extemporize.

I can try to understand a little bit how somone could get "out of the
habit" of doing things a certain way because of looping.

But mostly I have only experienced benefits from the practice.

I can't lose a facility that I never actually had.

I admire the heck out of people who can write a good song though -- most
of all because I can't.

Just thought I'd toss in my 2 cents.

Cheers,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

"Different is not always better, but better is always different"

Flux Aeterna:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=6378076

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://www.garageband.com/artist/ArsOcarina
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2845073
http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314
http://www.loopers-delight.com/cgi-bin/profiles.cgi?step=view_profile&id=121197000042

and Viztas. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Blah, blah, blah. So???