Re: ontology and epistemology of aestheitics

midifriedchicken@comcast.net wrote:
> And we move swiftly to the subject of "Who listens to this shit
> anyway?" Answer: Not really anybody. I mean, I love it, but if you
> play "New" music for most people, they get that glazed look in their
> eye and start looking at their watch.

Yeah, that's the point where craft is important. If you love it, you
need to communicate your love with the audience. Most contemporary
artists lack this craft...

> But WHY do you play? Art? Expression? Money? Girls? It would be nice
> if all came together in one easy to digest package.

If your art is worthwhile, this should be no problem, look at
Stockhausen, he has one set for all of it, its even easy to digest (too
easy for my taste...;-)

> Imagine hearing a hot chick say "Whoa did you see the size of his
> pedalboard?!!"

If a "Chick" would take the pedalboard instead of my music for a symbol
of my other qualities, I guess I am not interested, this can't be a
"hot" chick...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------