Re: The RHYTHM INTENSIVE (basic one beat sycopations) for Live Looping Musicians

Dear Rick
question below

> Each one of these figures has a distinctive rhythm personality and
> the nervous system differently (more on that later)
> However, it is not enough to memorize these 24 different rhythmic figures
> for this salient reason:
> Let's take Syncopation N = X X * X as an example
> If you heard this rhythm combined with a quarter rest (Syncopation P)
> It would sound like a double hit and a single hit, where the double
> on the downbeat and the single occurs
> right before the next downbeat, like this:
> N P
> X X * X * * * *
> 1 e (+) a (2 e + a)
> If , however, you were to play syncopation N two times in a row,
> it produces an entirely different rhythmic pattern (or audible grouping)
> to your ears:
> N N
> X X * X X X * X
> 1 e (+) a 2 e (+) a
> Audibly, this pattern has a DOUBLE followed by a TRIPLE followed by a
> SINGLE note audible grouping.

I can follow till here but you did ommit some explanations about "DOUBLES"
and TRIPLES" and "SINGLES" ????

without some more all the minimum 2 beat  justification doesnt make sense
because if I have a strong feel of the beat I have no problem separating N
from N or whatever other combination

> If you were to hear a string player play this particular rhythm, your
> brain doesn't come in and say
> "That's not a TRIPLE, That's a DOUBLE on the last beats of 1 and a SINGLE
> on the first beat of 2

why if I clearly know where the beat is ?

thanks a lot Rick

PS: I'm asking those details because I was there in Zurich enjoying all the
brilliant clapping you made us go thru
and I suspect there is a little more to it :=)