Re: guitar amps

If you decide to use something besides your amp for effects, you might
check out the Crate V-Series amps.  They can get great jazz tone and
even push through to searing bluesy stuff.  I always hated Crates, but I
demoed a V 32 (blonde version of V 30 w/ a Celestion speaker) at a
Guitar Center a while back and bought it right away.  Their 15 watt
version sounds really good as well, and is fairly inexpensive for a
class A/B tube amp.

The larger V-Series amps do have some built-in effects, but they're
probably bigger than you want to haul around.

--Josh