Re: Question about looping software

Thanks Travis and Per.  This looks like it ought to be fun.  Are there
any issues in using hardware, such as my Oxygen-8 keyboard or a midi
pedal/switch?  I don't have the latter, but I suppose I could pick
something up on ebay. And I know I've got to also use JACK.

Per, you were saying that none will create multiple loops for
arranging.  I was looking at SL and there's a command line interface...
it looks like it's possible to launch multiple loops per engine and even
multiple engines.  I suppose the trick would be in the use of JACK and
either assigning keys or knobs on the keyboard or multiple midi pedals,
one to each engine.  That is, it would be nice to do the same thing that
the RC-50 does (one pedal for each loop).  Heck, if that's the case then
why limit to 3.  Course, I've never done this live so at this point I'm
just smokin dope.  But if it's possible, would it be worth the trouble?

Sean