Jam looping

true! although his music is not my cup of tea either i
do know that doing the one man jam band thing is also
hard work,playing song parts and alternating between
the arrangements plus singing,tapdancing and trying to
keep the audience interested without pushing the wrong
button.Ive done a bit of both and it can be more
challenging than sitting improvising freely.I actually
enjoy it seeing this type of looping more than seeing
a laptop or shoegazer although when listening only,my
interest at then end will still be based in the
quality of the music regardless of how it was made.
Luis

--- aaron leese <aaronleese@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Personally, I find that there is a lot of very
> ambient loop music out there
> ... while it's all well and good, and certainly has
> its place ... ambient,
> sort of jazzy (good or bad jazzy .. either way) ...
> experimental music seems
> to be the default for most live loop musicians.  I
> simply enjoy seeing
> someon do something that is not that.
>
> If nothing else, Keller does well to exploit a loop
> pedal in a different way
> ...as does Vicotor Wooten, John Scofield, Kaki King,
> and many of the people
> on this list.
>

> >From: Jeff Kaiser <loopersdelight@pfmentum.com>
> >To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
> >Subject: Re: EWI looping by Jeff Kashiwa on youtube
> >Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 18:59:10 -0800
> >
> >d00d. I'm with you. I've got your back.
> >
> >Jeff Kaiser
> >http://www.JeffKaiser.com
> >pfMENTUM.com • AngryVegan.com
> >
> >On Nov 25, 2006, at 6:44 PM, Krispen Hartung wrote:
> >
> >>Okay, I'll throw my cynical two cents out there...
>  :-)
> >>
> >>I think we've talked about Keller before, plus
> many other guys doing this
> >>sort of thing. I can't speak for anyone else, and
> this is only my own
> >>feeling on the topic, but I'm not that fond of
> most the
> >>multi-instrumentalist, one-man-band loopers.  He's
> a great technical
> >>player, obviously, but to me the highlight isn't
> the looping, but his
> >>showmanship and multi-instrumentalist ability.  I
> think it's a great thing
> >>for the general public, who still finds this
> one-man approach
> >>intriguing....the public always has flocked to
> this sort of
> >>performance...I still see one-man bands at
> festivals and carnivals with
> >>their crazy contraptions on their backs, ropes and
> pulleys attached to
> >>cymbals, violins, bass drums, etc, etc....the
> crowd just eats it up.   But
> >>the overall output, if I ignore the fact that he's
> doing it by himself,
> >>just focusing on the music, doesn't inspire me
> much. I'm not trying to be
> >>a scrooge or anything so close to the
> holidays...it's just not my cup of
> >>tea artistically.  I think folks would go bonkers
> over guys  like this at
> >>Vegas.
> >>
> >>Kris
> >>----- Original Message ----- From: "aaron leese"