Re: Digitech JamMan???

Hi all,
I'm currently trying to find the right loop pedal for my boyfriend (surprise xmas and general I love you present).
A friend has recommended the Digitech JamMan (from Thomann, who look like a good company to go with). But having read your reviews I'm not so sure as my boyfriend currently records music using a midi synth and keyboard, though he would like a loop pedal for performing live using instruments (and possibly vocals).
All the talk about the Jamman not being compatible with midi sync has confused me slightly (yes, apologies I'm not really that loop-orientated).
Please tell me what to do, i'm willing to spend between £200-£300 ($300-$450).
Any help much appreciated!
Mowley-C