Re: Keller Williams / jam bands/ rc50

I'm amazed someone else knows who Donna the Buffalo is .... good job.
Zydeco needs to happen more often.  They hail from near my hometown ... so
grew up watching them make it.

Also ... I think there is good value in skill for the sake of skill, and
style for he sake of style ... whatever balance we each can find is good
with me.  And some of those jam bands are damn good ..phish of course ...
but string cheese incident is another one worth checking out .. they do a
lot of classical and jazz covers ... not to mention a lot of bluegrass
(which I friggin love).

Keller does a nice looped version of take five .... wish I could find a
link
for that.

But .. yeah ... he's cheesy as hell, no doubt about that.  Don't know
about
the "any multi-instrumentalist in the world could do that ..." comment,
but
hey.

sorry you couldn't get more people bent out of shape .. guess were all
just
to easy going (damn musicians).

Peace, love and hippies ..... hahaha
Aaron

>From: David Gans <david@trufun.com>
>To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
>Subject: Re: Keller Williams / jam bands/ rc50
>Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 15:45:37 -0800
>
>At 3:38 PM -0800 11/27/06, Richard Sales wrote:
>>What counts is the music, David!  I'm with you.  My criteria for music
>is,
>>"How long does it hold my attention?"  I don't care if it's recorded on
>>limestone and looped with WIll Rogers lasso.  If it keeps me there then
>>hallelujah!  If not, it's on to the next.  It's only music and the rest
>is
>>for the 'academics'.  So even though I've been doing music for a very
>long
>>time, I still see myself as a listener who happens to play & record
>music.
>>  For a living.  The tool thing can be a real trap - that equipment
>makers
>>LOVE... and in the world of studios it can be a corn maze that you never
>>get out of.
>
>>Once you hear an audience go wild and have folks come up to you
>afterward
>>and tell you how much meaning you've brought to their lives you know
>what
>>it's all about.  The rest is for pundits, professors and Consumer's
>>Reports.
>
>Hear, hear!
>
>I'm pretty satisfied with how my career is going.  I enjoy having
>audience
>members step up to look at my feet to figure out how I'm making four
>guitars happen at once and all that, but I don't care how good you are
>with
>the toys and the hot licks - it all begins with a good song.
>

>Here's me and Joe Craven dong a loop jam:
>
>http://grouper.com/video/MediaDetails.aspx?id=1608337
>

>Here's me and John Skehan of Raiload Earth doing a loop jam:
>
>http://dgans.com/audio/afterbird.mp3
>

>Here's me using an RC-20 to accompany myself on a straightforward song
>ca;;ed "Ran Into God":
>
>http://dgans.com/audio/RanIntoGod_061112.mp3
>

>Here's me jamming electric with Donna the Buffalo:
>
>http://dgans.com/audio/DTB-DG_061022.mp3
>

>--
>
>David Gans - david@trufun.com or david@gdhour.com
>Truth and Fun, Inc., 484 Lake Park Ave. #102, Oakland CA 94610-2730
>Blog:  http://logblog.gdhour.com
>Web site: http://www.dgans.com

Get the latest Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta version. Join now.
http://ideas.live.com