Re: EWI looping by Jeff Kashiwa on youtube

Okay, I'll throw my cynical two cents out there...  :-)

I think we've talked about Keller before, plus many other guys doing this
sort of thing. I can't speak for anyone else, and this is only my own
feeling on the topic, but I'm not that fond of most the
multi-instrumentalist, one-man-band loopers.  He's a great technical
player,
obviously, but to me the highlight isn't the looping, but his showmanship
and multi-instrumentalist ability.  I think it's a great thing for the
general public, who still finds this one-man approach intriguing....the
public always has flocked to this sort of performance...I still see
one-man
bands at festivals and carnivals with their crazy contraptions on their
backs, ropes and pulleys attached to cymbals, violins, bass drums, etc,
etc....the crowd just eats it up.   But the overall output, if I ignore
the
fact that he's doing it by himself, just focusing on the music, doesn't
inspire me much. I'm not trying to be a scrooge or anything so close to
the
holidays...it's just not my cup of tea artistically.  I think folks would
go
bonkers over guys  like this at Vegas.

Kris