11.20.06 @ the PiNG > TROUM . POLMO POLPO . AIDAN BAKER vs 2/3 of OFF THE INTERNATIONAL RADAR

ThiS WEEK @ THE PiNG:

Monday November 20th at 9PM we have two PiNG things.

. Locally, here in TO, we are presenting with Arcolepsy, a live
drone extravaganza with Troum, Polmo Polpo and Aidan Baker
with 2/3's of Off The International Radar at Gallerie Le Labo's
funky performance space deep within Toronto's Distillery District.

Don't miss this rare local opportunity to catch Troum's sound
of modern experimental drone and ethereal ambient music.

. Globally we are presenting an ALMOST LiVE naw performance
on AMBiENT PiNG RADiO. As with all other ALMOST LIVE
programmes, this naw show will be repeated on Thursday at
12midnight EST and Saturday at 3:30PM EST, so locals can
come out to see Troum and still be able to catch one of the
rebroadcasts of naw's generative sound compositions on
http://AMBiENTPiNGRADiO.com

Details below along with info about next's week's
AMBiENT PiNG TUESDAY (11.28.06) with
STYROHEAD and SPACENOIZ at the DRAKE.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

11.20.06 . The PiNG and Arcolepsy Present
AN EXPLORATION OF DRONE:
TROUM . POLMO POLPO . AIDAN BAKER vs
2/3 of OFF THE INTERNATIONAL RADAR
@ Gallerie Le Labo, The Distillery District
Cannery Bldg #58 . Room #317
W of Parliament . S of Front . link to map:
http://www.thedistillerydistrict.com/siteplan_popup.html
Monday November 20th . Doors at 9PM . cover $6

AN EXPLORATION OF DRONE: Germany's Troum,
featuring former members of the seminal ambient/industrial
band Maeror Tri and owner/operators of the 7" record label,
Drone Records, bring their transcendental ambient drone
music to Canada for the first time.

Canadian compatriots Polmo Polpo will perform a solo
set and Aidan Baker (ARC, Nadja) with 2/3 of
Off the International Radar will perform a
collaborative guitar-drone set.

http://www.troum.com
http://www.dronerecords.com
http://www.audisensa.com
http://www.aidanbaker.org
http://www.offtheinternationalradar.com

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

11.28.06 . The PiNG Presents STYROHEAD & SPACENOIZ
@ the UNDERGROUND downstairs @ the DRAKE HOTEL
1150 Queen St. W @ Beaconsfield . W of Ossington . E of Dufferin
Tuesday November 28th . 8PM - 11PM . PWYC (5$ suggested)

A special performance featuring PiNG favourites STYROHEAD
(Joe G) & SPACENOIZ (Jim Field of Rhea's Obsession),
performing together for the first time to kick out the sonic jams.

Prepare to be intrigued as these two guitar, synth and sample
heads improvise the night away as they take us on a journey
through space.

http://www.styrohead.com
http://myspace.com/styrohead
http://www.myspace.com/jimfieldfromrheas
 http://www.myspace.com/rheasobsession

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

CONTiNUiNG on AMBiENT PiNG RADiO:

the ALMOST LiVE MUSiC SERiES

A weekly show playing exclusive, unreleased material by some
of the PiNG's closest friends in the ambient, darkwave, chill and
electronic communities. Tune in to hear live performances,
works in progress, exclusive remixes and more!

MONDAY NOVEMBER 20th at 9PM EST
ALMOST LiVE iN THE STUDiO . naw
http://www.ambientpingradio.com

Tune in for a very special ALMOST LiVE iN THE STUDiO
performance by naw! Specially created for AMBiENT PiNG RADiO,
this performance is a stunning and evocative work that fully
demonstrates the artistry and wonder that is naw.

The following press release from Neil Wiernik of naw
elaborates on this performance.

10pm on a dark rainy November evening 13 stories high

This work was generated, composed and recorded in real time by
naw (neil wiernik), 13 stories above Toronto overlooking the city.
The composition is based on a series of real time improvisations,
based on my interpretation of the cityscape I was looking out on,
at the time, creating a real time soundtrack to the city.

This work is part of my ongoing research into generative
soundtrack composition. Having worked with various different
kinds of languages to try to create generative aural landscapes
over the years I have realized that the language used to create
self-evolving work has as much to do with the results as the
source data. What I tried to do with this work was create a
series of data circumstances that would interact with the
software environment I created. I wanted to explore the
various algorithmic changes that the data would serve
to this software environment and, in turn, the results
of the different interactions between inputs, similarly
to how we as people interact with various stimuli
in our daily routines.

I created a space where audio data and numeric data could
interact and play off each other to create the final result, which
is one such landscape soundtrack, where field recordings and
generated sounds can all co-exist as they might or might not in any
given environment.The main premise of these soundtracks are to
explore how these aural landscapes, even when created by a
digital mediator are natural, organic occurrences, much like
walking down the street or driving down a highway we piece
together the sounds around us to create a soundtrack.

This work was created exclusively for AMBiENT PiNG RADiO,
November 10th 2006.

For more on naw - http://phoniq.net
http://www.vagueterrain.net

And don't forget to tune in for future broadcasts
in the ALMOST LiVE MUSiC SERiES!

November 27th . Geek Weekend
December 11th . Sensitive Chaos
December 18th . Michael Sandler
January 8th . TouchXtone
January 15th . Anomalous Disturbances
January 22nd . Remora

All shows run on Mondays at 9PM EST and will be rebroadcast
the following Thursdays at 12midnight EST and again on
Saturdays at 3:30PM EST.

The ALMOST LiVE MUSiC SERiES: Another way that THE
AMBiENT PiNG and ping things is bringing great music to you!
http://www.ambientpingradio.com

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

More PiNG news and more PiNG shows are coming soon.
Watch this space to stay spaced.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

THE AMBiENT PiNG is a Toronto based creative community of
audio artists, performers, musicians and visual artists. The PiNG
presents live multimedia performances featuring ambient, electronic,
soundscape, chillout, trip hop, dream pop, downtempo, space,
darkwave, drone and experimental artists from around the world.
http://www.theambientping.com

Tune in anytime to AMBiENT PING RADiO at
http://www.ambientpingradio.com

ViSiT ping things for ambient, electronic and chill things:
http://www.pingthings.com

Please forward this e-mail to any interested friends or
appropriate newsgroups. Thanks.