Re: OT: rare Indian music tracks

On 18 nov 2006, at 18.31, RP Collier wrote:

> As a reed player, I thought you might like those :-)

Might be so... but given his outstanding reed technique (mine being
closer to "lousy") I do feel more inspired to play the EWI, where you
can imply those multi octave span glissandi much easier ;-))

But I also like the time flow of this music, no matter which
particular instrument being played. As soon as you hear one note you
get instantly curious on where the music will go next. It doesn't
move too slow and it doesn't move too fast either. It's like a big
rock rolling downhill: its speed is just what it is, given the shape
of the rock and the surrounding terrain. I think a good
implementation of that dimension is what I like most in all musical
styles.

>  He is a true master - amazing range, fluidity, delicacy, strength,
> emotion and inventiveness.
>
> Going from memory, I think #1 is  Pahadi Dhun and #2 is Sindhu
> Bhairavi, although I might have that reversed or may be wrong
> altogether. There was no room on the cassette for all the info at
> the time.

Ok. I'll paste your complete post into the file notes area on my iTunes.

per