MUSE RECEPTOR (was: Re: laptop setup - which rack to use)

On 13 nov 2006, at 16.31, Luigi Meloni wrote:

> Has anyone here tried a MUSE RECEPTOR for vst looping? On the paper
> it looks
> like a nice multieffect - synth. It is compatible with many vst
> plugins (and
> many are already installed inside it. I know that it is just a
> Pentium 4
> computer, but the interface seems good. I am a guitar player -
> Looper, and I
> think that I could go for me (1 hi-z input on the front, 2 balanced
> I/O on
> the back, plus an adat output). And all in two rack units. And it is
> expandable as far as ram and hdd goes(up to 4Gb of ram and a
> maximum of two
> SATA hdd).

No, but it's an interesting product. I checked the web site but
couldn't find a pricing? I have some faint memory of these things
being incredibly expensive... anyone know what the sell for? BTW -
What would be the point to use it for loopiing? Loading it with
Mobius VST? Sounds like problems to me. It only comes with 256 MB
RAM!!!  My guess is that you would get a Looperlative for that
money  ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)