Re: Bidule/EnergyTX/Audiomulch

On 2 nov 2006, at 20.50, phaslem@wightman.ca wrote:

> I've been on a real search in recent months for a better sounding
> reverb, I'll
> check that one out.

It's not the Sir VST plug-in that is "the great reverb". As with all
convousion impulse based processing it has all to do with the quality
of the impulses you load it with. I received a lot of useful reverb
impulses with Logic Pro so I have been a little lazy to hunt for new,
but if you search the internet there are amazing impulses posted for
free. You can download an impulse taken from the most expensive
studio hardware reverb - the only difference is that the hardware
original has some subtile random processing thrown in which is not
possible to pull off for a software plug-in like SiR. Some people run
out with laptops and DAT recorders to record their own impulses but
I'm totally happy with the crazy stuff you find on the internet.
Recording your own might be good if you're a pro engineer recording a
live album and need to be able to exactly duplicate (later in the
studio) the ambience of that particular venue filled with that
particular amount of people.
http://spiritcanyonaudio.com/

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen