RE: US standard power plug? (Y2K6)

> What's the most usual power plug - the grounded or the not grounded
> model? I'm going over from Europe and need to know what power plug
> adapter I should bring to be able to snag 110 v for my rig (yes all
> devices are "self adapting" to 220 or 110 v, no trafo needed).

I believe that all modern electrical installations are required to be
grounded.  The only places I have seen ungrounded plugs are people's homes
in which the plugs are 20+ years old.  I can't remember having seen an
ungrounded plug in recent construction, period; nor can I remember seeing
an
ungrounded plug in a commercial location.