Re: A quieter, gentler footswitch?...

You guys are funny! (honestly)... but, jeez... I'm afraid I am *so* out of
my depths on this
list": just completely out of my league... I'll come back and chat with
you all when I've learned
MIDI, purchased my first first laptop and mastered the requisite music
software...

Peace out...

Ferrara

--- Jeff Kaiser <loopersdelight@pfmentum.com> wrote:

> On Sep 27, 2006, at 11:19 PM, Krispen Hartung wrote:
>
> > The question is, which enquiring minds want to know, Jeff, is what
> > don't you have MAX/MSP doing for you...I'm visualizing MAX/MSP
> > starting (loadbanding) your coffeemaker in the morning,
>
> It heats my kettle to precisely 173 degrees for my morning white tea
>
> >  controlling (via some monstrous object and set of parameters you've
> > concocted) the humidity of your cigar humidifier,
>
> midi-controlled hygrometer....how did you know? 72 percent is the
> perfect humidity, which is also the midi number for c above middle
> c....the hygrometer is set to play notes at every degree...flat it
> triggers and dispenses distilled water, sharp it doesn't.....
>

> > mixing (via the mix/fader object) your drinks at night, and many other
> > mundane tasks that only mere mortals concern themselves with.... :)
>
> It's not hard to mix a Scotch neat.....still have problems with it
> trimming my cigars: it does well with robustos, but blows it on the
> perfectos.
>

> > The thing is, I'm right behind you....because I need to pick your
> > brain now on this whole EV5 controller thing. I have one, and I'd love
> > to use it to control my VST parameters in MAX/MSP....problem is, all I
> > have is USB connections, so I may need another solution. Of course, I
> > could use my FCB, which has two expression pedals, where I could
> > assign them to one MIDI channel, and my buttons for Mobius to another
> > MIDI channel...but then I'm back to dragging that boat anchor around.
>

> To keep this on target: I will gladly get together with anyone while at
> the Y2K6 (http://www.y2k6loopfest.com/...pimpin it yeah) and show them
> how this stuff works. No, I'm not an employee of cycling74.....just a
> huge fan after converting me from carrying all that heavy gear.....
>
> max/msp cut my chiropractor bills in half......
>
> Jeff Kaiser
> http://www.JeffKaiser.com
> pfMENTUM.com • AngryVegan.com

Ferrara Brain Pan

http://www.formsofthingsunknown.com

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."

Noel Scott Engel