RE: Short loop fades more quickly than long loop with same feedbacksetting

I hope this is not being a nit-picking jerk, but... (that's never stopped
me
before)

The points seem to be tied to specific looping implementations. Other ways
of thinking about this are possible. For instance, in my multi-tracked
private looper (which may someday see release, but is mainly just my own
instrument for now), I use the concepts of "aging" and "fading" instead of
feedback - the volume of every recorded track goes down a (customizable)
notch when I record a new track ("aging"), and then I have a separate fade
function which can be triggered on any track or on the collection, which
takes an absolute time as a parameter. If I wished, I could easily modify
the code to set, say, a 2-minute autofade on every track right after it
starts playing back, or create an alternate end trigger for record or
overdub that does this. (I can also "unfade" any track back to its original
volume level after that).

Best wishes,
Warren Sirota