Re: fractal loops (was: keeping loops interesting)

>Call me a skeptic or a pain in the ass (whichever you prefer), or
>call me dense because I am overlooking the obvious here, but aside
>from the trendiness of calling a piece of music fractal because it
>is based on mathematical manipulation of notes, can someone provide
>another example that illustrates the concept of recursive similarity?
>
>Kris

hi Kris,
No, I don't think Rainer's examples are fractal either.
(His understanding of Holograms is perfect though ;-)

The obvious example of fractal sound is white noise.
Some gamelan music approximates a fractal, with slow moving bass
and progressively faster layers at higher pitch.

How about a plug-in that feeds back double speed sections of the
input recursively?

andy butler