Re:keeping loops interesting

Yes,very interesting topic,last year i did a promo
interview at the independent Radio Frontera in Tijuana
Baja California.As one of the tracks on my
CD(wasserfall) was being played i was explaining
briefly the proccess to the interviewer which he found
interesting and enjoyable.But Then there is a
glitching section at the end of the track which sounds
like the CD is skipping and he snapped and turned to
the broadcaster who was playing the CD behind the
glass cabin thinking there was something wrong and i
told him no no, its ok, its part of the music,please
let it play further;-)
This experience was also sort of a revelation to me...
because the song itself is not loop tech complicated
at all,i wasnt thinking in the begining about loop
pyro technics at all,i just played some simple canon
notes and improvised on top of it which can sound
pleasing to the normal listener.The funny thing is
that because of lack of ideas it was totally
improvised in an inocent subconcious way and to my
surprise it happens to be the song that people seem to
enjoy the most,in fact i put it up in myspace for
download after request:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=49546016

sometimes i worry that my ear will indulge too much
into repetition which can be unpleasant for other
people...
Luis

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom