Re: CD Production

Fabio,

Krispen's advice is excellent.  There is a tendency for artists to
overestimate the ease of selling their product.  Start small and work
your way up-it's much more cost effective and better for your morale
as well than to see stacks of CD's slowly dwindling over the years.

CD Baby is better in my opinion than CD Street. CDStreet has taken a
route that TOTALLY favors the person who sells tons versus the small
guy.  CD Baby is much better. Check ou their page and read their
benefits-I think you'll be hooked.  Online think about using PAYPAL as
well, it's simple and people like it as an option.  You may even try
the "honor system" for people who want to send you a check.  Send them
a CD and trust them to send te money.  People will and will seldom
return the CD.  You can use all fo the above-no probs with that.

  Also, work your shows and anytime you play out.  You may find that
you sell better at shows than online. Find friends to help you sell at
shows (even while you're playing) but be sure that the audience gets
hit the moment you stop. People are still hungry for you at that point
and that's when they're going to strike.

Also, put together a plan for who you will send FREE Cd's to.  Include
those in your quantities.  I find myself giving away an awful lot of
CD's and have made great inroads in certain venues by putting a stack
by the register or door that says :Take one listen and share.

Be realistic and enjoy the birthing process and your "baby".

Congrats on your new release and keep us all posted!  Feel free to
drop me a line in private if you have any more questions.

~peace~

Michael

Music from the Infinite Horizon...

www.michaelplishka.com