Re: "Tape Speed" style pitch/speed variation (was: Re: repeaterquestion)

>one question about the eh 2880 unit though:  if you
>have, say, 2 loop tracks running and you downpitch one
>of them by a few semitones, effectively making it
>lower in pitch and longer, do the two loops run out of
>phase with one another, respecting their own loop
>begin and end points, or does the original loop length
>act as a limiting factor such that the loop points are
>where they once were and the longer loop is truncated?
>  i would prefer if it weren't the second option.

In the 2880 all 4 of the main tracks are altered in the same way,
length and pitch altered as if you slowed down (or sped up) a 4 track
tape. It operates exactly as a 4 track would.

HOWEVER:  The 'Mixdown" track can either be locked to the master
tempo knob or it can run at the normal speed while you varispeed the
basic 4 tracks  - together, yet independantly of the mixdown track.

The repeater has a FATAL FLAW... if you change the pitch and tempo
(even in matching proportion to avoid stretch marks), then when you
overdub on those tracks your new audio is ruined by timestretching
artifact, and you have no choice but to live with it. I HATE this
about the repeater. It even happens if you so much as bump the tempo
knob.

http://www.zmix.net