Re: H-H echo unit

hey Noel,

My first live looping gigs in the early 80's were accomplished using old
tube echoplexes with the
erase heads disengaged.

your problem is entirely in the age of your tape I have a strong
suspicion.
I know that Roland still sells
long tape loops for their older tape delays.  Maybe you can use that for
your recently purchased
unit.   If not,   you might just try to make your own loops.

I think you can still buy a simple cassette tape splicing kit at Radio
Shack
these days.

See if you can get a new tape, or,  as we used to do,   make your own.
Good luck!

I, myself ,  used to love it when my old Roland RE-501 Chorus Echo's tape
used to degrade so that
it really distorted the 'echoes'

In the new and brilliant digital modelling of the Roland RE-201 that
Universal Audio has released as
a plugin....................they not only included the bump that occured
with the slice points but also you have
the option of using that with a brand new tape digital recreation or a
used
tape or a tape about to
fall apart.......................giving that wonderful 'dirty'  dub sound
of
the decaying echoes.

Having been a religious user of the Roland RE-501 when I started getting
seriously into dub conciousness
in the late 70's and early 80's  I was really skeptical of the UA  Roland
Re-201 emulation but they
nailed it to the wall.

Add to this the fact that you can also BPM sync this VST plugin to other
looping programs for very accurate
matching digital delays,  this thing rocks.