Re: Some tracks

On 17 aug 2006, at 02.00, Neil Goldstein wrote:

> Just looked up flageoloet

Ooops.. Still three hundred years after the French culture explosion
we use words in Swedish that are originally french words. I guess the
Frenchies never did that big impression on North Amarica back then  ;-))

> and it
> is'tin whistle' (Wikipedia). Is that term synonomous with ostinato in
> the vernacular?  Those were harmonics I think you're talking about.
> The original was a Martin D35 acoustic via pickup into EDP. The
> original track (also in that folder) was imported into Logic and then
> I overdubbed over various sections.
>
> It is a static figure, so there was freedom to play different chords
> over or under the suspension of that figure. Love doing that 'live'
> and in studio.

Yep, me too. The simpler the ostinato theme is, the more I like it
being cleverly combined with odd harmonies or counter melodies.
That's also why I liked (good) electronic dance music when it came
around; for the repeating bass line that goes through all parts and
tend to add new flavor only by staying the same while passing though
other areas. It's like a tonal version of poly rhythm ;-)  Looping
techniques are especially rewarding for learning about these areas.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)