Re: EXPLAIN your 10th Anniversary Birthday 30 second tune

On Aug 14, 2006, at 4:52 AM, loop.pool wrote:

> educational for everyone to explain how they put their
> particular piece together.

The local newspaper in my berg hosted a ringtone contest last month
and wanted 30 sec. max compositions, so I put together a track using
thumb piano loops.

The thumb piano is passed thru a ring mod filter but otherwise
everything is simple and minimal.
I put the track together as an alert chime sequence, then an urgency
sequence where the rhythm is varied, and then a drone or holding
sequence.

I felt it would function well as a ringtone but the 3 judges deemed
it unworthy of comment. The winners and honorable mentions were all
multilayer/multivoice,  Winner was drum/bass/synth/sample techno
electronica, the 2nd Place entry was a flute sonata.

I listened to all the contest entries and still feel that my little
ditty works successfully,  with just the right amount of "perky and
quirky."
But what do I know?
I suppose it might have helped if I had ever actually owned a cell
phone.
Or maybe not.
:-)

regards