Re: EXPLAIN your 10th Anniversary Birthday 30 second tune

On 14 aug 2006, at 13.52, loop.pool wrote:

> everyone to explain how they put their
> particular piece together.

Tenor sax (Otto Link 9-star) analogically into FireworX digitally
into Mobius/Laptop (Mobius standalone version, no VST plug-ins,
basically only looping). Creating three loops to jump between while
melody phrasing.  Typically II: Tonica, Tonica, Subdominant,
Dominant. Subdominant, Dominant :II A lot of "add9" coloring of chord
voicing.

When looping in this context it really is "backwards mixing" since
all the stuff you traditionally do when finally mixing your tracks -
like EQ'ing, coloring with effects etc to blend them - all of this I
do directly as I play, sort of "as part of the instrument". The tool
for that is some 25 patches in the FireworX that I have created for
layering stuff in a way that they should all sound ok together, as a
summed mix of loops/layers. As an example I have very few sounds with
a "full timbre", simply because then I would not be able to loop in
the essence of layering sound. The colliding frequencies would make
the musical counter lines hard to follow.

Another concept for "instant orchestration" in looping would be to
bring dozens of instruments and swap between  them while layering
loops. But instead I have chosen to use fewer instruments and work on
the sound for alternative expression.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)