Re: Question to Claude (Was EDP ignorance)

Wow, Claude,  that is a really cool piece!

I said what I did based on something you said to me in Lago Di Garda
three years ago when I asked you about your EDP sequencing and
you said that you were sick of that technique and getting more into
acoustic playing with your looping.

Silly me to run on information that is that old.     I didn't realize that
you had used it
in Zurich (though I heard and really enjoyed  your set) just because it is
very difficult with EDP users to tell exactly what they are doing
live............god,
trying to figure out Andre LaFosse's command chain while watching live is
a headache producer for sure.

So,  sorry about misrepresenting you, buddy.

I also have a question:     Does using the sequencer rope you into a
predefined tempo
when you play or can you use the EDP's midi ascertained BPM to drive the
sequence
chain?

I've never used this technique but it seems like a really fascinating
approach and I may
dust off my old MMT-8 Alessis 8 track sequencer to try it out.

thanks for the music..............sorry for the misrepresentation.

cheers,  Rick