Re: Cabin baggage ban hits musicians

Having handled packages for UPS and also delivered for them, it has been
my observation that your packages are no more or less safe than in the
hold of a commercial airliner. Despite my best efforts, packages
oftentimes rolled and shifted, sat in the cold for ridiculous amounts of
time, etc. etc........ My campadres at Fed Ex tell me of similar stories,
especially in the winter, around holidays and the like.

I have checked alot of guitars through baggage before, including an
Alvarez acoustic that was in a gig bag that I had to put in the hold. It
not only survived the flight ( Toronto-Oslo-Stockholm) but was relatively
in tune when I got it out of the case when arriving. Weird. I guess that I
have been very lucky in that regard.

Todd