My first busking gig with laptop, Roland Microcube and MIDI Mouse

I had my first street gig (laptop looping setup) today here in Boise.  I
used my Taylor nylon string, Roland Microcube, notebook, and the MIDI
Mouse.
Everything went great, sold a fair amount of CDs, lots of compleents, tips
etc. But I had some problems with the Microcube during my first set. It
sounded like crap, tinny, unclear, distorting, and so on....I discovered
that it sounded 100% better by going from my laptop to the Aux in of the
Microcube...very crisp, full, and clear, bypassing all the amp's
simulation,
EQ, and everthing.  Wow, what a big difference.  So if any of you plan to
busk with a Microcube, and a laptop or a bunch of gear that pre-processes
your tone the way you like it and ready to feed to a mixer, try using the
Aux of of the MicroCube....made a hell of a difference. This should have
occured to me before...that I'm already producing a great sound out of my
laptop, so I don't need all the amp simulation and EQ of the Microcube.

Kris