From: "Michael Plishka" <mike@michaelplishka.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Subject: RE: play guitar like a drum
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 19:06:38 -0500

You really don't have to do much if the guitar is mic'ed properly.  Internal mics are much better at picking up the sounds of hands on wood than pickups although since you're mangling the sound (relatively speaking) it might not matter much-I just found internal mics much warmer and giving better results.  Using your thumb at various places on the guitar will give you different pitches and timbre and alittle eq will perfect it for you.  If you go to www.myspace.com/michaelplishka and play Einstein's time I bang chords and guitar at the same time to create a string sound with a drum sound in the background.  There are other songs that are even more percussive but they're not up on the site yet.

~Peace~
Plish

Music from the Infinite Horizon...