USB Controller (Was: FlyLooper & market potential)

At 05:44 AM 7/5/2006, Aaron wrote:
>For anyone who doesn't already own a midi controller ... (aka joe
>average guitar player) there will be an optional USB device that
>will also work with the program (retailing at about the same price
>as the FCB1010, say).  This device might include a few extra bells
>and whistles that the midi controller doesn't have, but nothing
>crucial (some effects controls).

I am ignorant about MIDI controllers so I'd like to ask the list:

The average laptop doesn't have a midi port but it does have several
USB ports.

What do folks know about USB footswitches/controllers that have
software drivers that can convert USB signal to MIDI messages in your
standard laptop music programs (Ableton, Reaktor, etc.)?

What do folks know about USB footswitches like the above that also
have MIDI-in-out-through ports for controlling external devices based
on signals sent from the laptop or from the footswitch?

If nothing exists like this, then here's something that could sell
thousands of units. Plug and play for the average guy.

Cheers,
Kevin

The Nettles: Progressive and Exciting Celtic Music
www.TheNettles.com