Re: Thoughts on the Eclipse, Fireworx, G-Force, and PCM81

On Jun 29, 2006, at 10:14 AM, Jeff Kaiser wrote:

I think this is one possible idea. but the joy of max is expandability as you learn more, and you lose that if you don't have the program.....

build a person an instrument, and they'll want more features all the time; teach a person to build an instrument and they'll add features themselves....for a lifetime....

Well, yes, of course.
But aren’t many of us (I am, certainly) already over-supplied with programs, gear, options, plans, etc... ?

I’m thinking of the difference between needing a little something very specific right now to improve an already pretty cool setup and getting it easily, as opposed to deciding to take on yet another vast tool and making it your “new project” for the next year or so, to the further detriment of all that gear you’re already not fully exploring... Can anyone relate?

I found it fairly quick to get up and running with max on a basic level, and then I've added more as I've learned more.

Sounds cool... Got anything to share or sell to those who only want to do Max as a runtime thing?
dc