Re: Mobius part 2

On 25 jun 2006, at 05.19, Todd Reynolds wrote:

> Dear mark, Per, Andreas...
>
> THAT DOES IT!  I have to now go out and buy my first ever PC in
> order to run
> Mobius.  This is gonna drive me crazy if I don't.
>
> What is the most affordable, small and powerful enough PC laptop I
> can buy
> to augment my 17 inch powerbook, operating with a Traveler?

Last years model is always extremely inexpensive. A 2 GHz centrino
laptop will run eight tracks of audio loops well. But it may not be
able to do it while also processing a lot of effect plug-ins.

> Any hints??
> Since I don't know windows architecture or assemblage whatsoever,
> I'd love a
> hint or two should you all be willing...

Just don't install a lot of other software on the Windows XP machine
and it will be fine. I had both Symantec Anti Virus and Ghost from
the beginning, because I wanted to use the pc on the internet, but I
finally had to wipe the drive and reinstall Windows XP Service Pack 2
without any extra online update service from Microsoft and without
the Anti Virus and Ghost stuff. This gave me a Mobius PC that boots
up in a seconds and never crashes. What more do you need? Well, a Mac
for the INternet - eventually ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)