Re: Resampling in Live (Re: Ableton w/ VST Looper)

On 6/23/06, Todd Reynolds <toddreyn@gmail.com> wrote:

> One further question, forgive my ignorance.  What do you mean by " a
>great
> dub delay set-up"?

A way do come up with some King Tubby / Lee Perry inspired echo
bouncing. Catching a sound into a loop and let it bounce around;
eventually distorting it a bit by over-feedback'ing, having it go in
and out of sync whith the main mix, changing it's pitch (as a matter
of "tape speed"). In Live you can try it by arming a Return Track with
a Ping Pong Delay followd by a Compressor. Assign some controller
stick/fader/pedal to (1) the Ping Pong delay's equalizer and another
to (2) the Ping Pong delay's tempo division ("loop length"). Then set
one of the Return Tracks send knobs to send to itself and be sure to
keep a third controller assigned to the Return Track's level fader (so
you can keep hoovering over the magic spot where the sound never fades
but doesn't get overloaded into distortion).

> PS.  Don't know where you are in Sweden, but have you heard yet of a guy
> named Walter Thompson, or of something called Soundpainting??

No, but please tell me!  "Soundpainting" sounds interesting :-)  I'm
in Stockholm.   Where does Walter hide?

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen