More Prog Rock

Ya know who's been doing some really nice stuff - is Steve Hackett
formerly of Genesis. Some reviewer made a comment that was so true re: his
work. That he was definitely one of the major creative leaders of the band
Genesis.

Seems like he's come to terms with his music from that era (of course, he
has a lot of newer stuff as well). Man, when he digs into some of the
solos from Genesis tunes, yowza!

There's a live version of "Everyday" on the 70s/80s/90s archive that just
blows me away when I hear it. There are several tempo changes in odd
meters at a  few points in the song and his playing is right on.

The live set in Japan he did with ex-menbers of King Crimson, Asia,
Genesis is top rate - both the DVD & the 2 CD set.

--
Paul Richards