OT: Hiromi -

Folks wrote:
| <stuff>

We-elllll...
Hiromi's the most technically accomplished jazz pianist since Oscar
Peterson and she plays faster (and cleaner) than Art Tatum. When she
was 17 she jammed with Chick Corea.  And she's the number one jazz
artist in Japan.  Here's her doing straight jazz piano:
ftp://telmedia.telarc.com/telarc/83600/Radio/83600-DesertMoon-128.mp3

About her influences:
"I love Bach, I love Oscar Peterson, I love Franz Liszt, I love Ahmad
Jamal," she says. "I also love people like Sly and the Family Stone,
Dream Theatre and King Crimson. Also, I'm so much inspired by sports
players like Carl Lewis and Michael Jordan. Basically, I'm inspired
by anyone who has big, big energy. They really come straight to my heart."

That Kung-Fu World Champion piece is just a little karate kata of the
keys, if you will.  If you play keys you know that you couldn't play
that.  Ever.

Her English website is at:
http://www.hiromimusic.com

I just found out about her a couple of days ago but she's definitely
someone to keep track of.  Someone with that much skill, enthusiasm
and openness doesn't come around more than a couple of times a century.

Cheers,
Kevin

The Nettles: Progressive and Exciting Celtic Music
www.TheNettles.com