MySpace audio fidelity? Recommended upload mp3 compressing?

Hi,

Yesterday I created a MySpace page and uploaded a 128 mbps mp3 (Joint
Stereo, no VBR - Variable Bit Rate). When listening back online it
sounded awful! Crispy Telecaster notes coming down totally ugly as
crashing egg shells. I remastered the piece and created a 320 kbps
mp3 for upload. This, less compressed, file sounded good even after
being mashed into MySpace's own streaming format.

Now, I'm wondering if someone on this list have been experimenting
more with different mp3 compressing for uploading at MySpace? I mean,
I was successful at 320 kpbs but that's a rather huge file for
downloading (although it sounds good as streaming). What about 192
kbps, how does that come out? Anyone?

(I may have time for experimenting with this in a few days, but for
now I would love to hear about someone else already having done that
testing)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)