Re: New Standard Tuning stuff

Man check out my buddy Jeff at www.jeffscheetz.com  Many videos and audio examples as well.  His band has a song with regular play on the soap opera All My Children from the title track CD Beggars Rogues and Theives.  I have learned so much from him one of my first teachers.  Most major cool Dogstock coming up soon as well.  You will like 4 sure!!! Happy jammin, Peace!!!!!

"Janosch K." <daasp@gmx.net> wrote:

may be a bit OT, but this is the only forum I know where some people
have some experience with this tuning. I have been using this for about
two months now, I did not play so much due to an injury which is getting
better. So far I have only worked on chordal stuff, I really enjoy the
new chords I can get with this. I will not attend a Guitar Craft course
in the near future, because it simply doens't fit into my timing
schedule at the moment, so I am asking here, because there is also no
one in my area who could show me a thing or two.
But now two questions:
How to work on scales? The fingerings that came into my mind were:
Major scale:
D| 12-14-15-17 etc.
G| 12-14-16-17
C| 12-14-16-17

Minor scale:
D|12-13-15-17 etc.

These are playable but especially the Major scale needs a lot of
stretching. Any better way here?

And second question: What to play? Own stuff of course, but maybe there
is a bit of reportoire for the NST. I thought about trying out some
cello stuff, maybe some etudes could be helpful to practice the stretching.

Thanks for your time, Janosch

Do You Yahoo!?