From: Brian Good [mailto:bsgood@adelphia.net]
Sent: martedì 6 giugno 2006 3.36
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Mac v.s Pc

Per Boysen wrote:

> It's easy to regard them "equal" but a thorough comparison will give
> that truly equal laptops will go for the roughly the same price no
> matter if the were made by Apple or some other PC contractor
> manufactory. But the MacBook Pro is the extreme Top Of The Line right
> now. I think I would go the much cheaper white MacBook if I should  buy
> a laptop today. But my ZEPTO (who the hell comes up with all  these ugly
> pc brand names???) will hopefully still be going strong  with Windows XP
> for another three to four years.
>
> Greetings from Sweden
>
> Per Boysen
> www.boysen.se (Swedish)
> www.looproom.com (international)
> http://tinyurl.com/fauvm (podcast)

I'd certainly agree with your Macbook comment, given that I bought one a
couple weeks ago.  So far, based on a very small amount of use, it seems
to run Logic and Augustus Loop just fine. I was set to by a Macbook Pro,
but the only advantages are better graphics performance and the fact
that you can't build-to-order a 7200rpm drive on the Macbook.  Over
time, I may eventually find the small screen maddening if I try to use
it much with Logic and/or DP, but so far the only unpleasantness has
been the smell of slow-cooking thigh-meat that occurs after fifteen
minutes or so of hard use. It's probably most accurately described as a
don't-use-this-anywhere-near-your-lap-top.

And--ZEPTO?  Isn't that some kind of archaic cigarette lighter?

--
"Farce, slapstick, unconscious self-mutilation -- the Sideshow Bob of
commentators, forever stepping on the same rake, forever muttering the

-Keith Olbermann on Bill O'Reilly