Re: Flight cases

Michel,

Thanks for the quick answer. Yes, I already have one of those FCB
soft cases; the zipper lasted for a couple of weeks ;-)  Actually I
mentioned the FCB because it's the biggest piece of gear. It's not
fragile, as you say, but I also want to fit a tc electronics rack
device and a laptop into the same case. I would actually prefer to
find some light (read "cheap for flight") case and stuff it with FCB
+ clothes/tooth brush when flying, while carrying laptop and TC in as
"computer bag carry-on", and then when I'm safely grounded again I
can move the expensive gear into the case and put the clothes into
the carry-on bag.

I too have my old Mesa Boogie case in the closet. I don't use a
Boogie any more but that case has been with me on many bus and train
tours, stuffed with all kind of stage decoration (huge stinky army
camouflage net, spot lights etc).

per