Re: Snap, Crackle, Pop - VST Effect & Sound Card Problems

On May 27, 2006, at 4:19 PM, Krispen Hartung wrote:

 > I mean if reinstalling the OS doeesn't solve
 > the problem, then it's either in the BIOS, the hardware is defective,
 > or my audio software is defective...yet I installed my audio programs
 > from scratch after the OS reinstall.

I doubt it's the BIOS.  You mentioned that you were using
the Audigy again, didn't you have success with the Echo the
first time?  If after the second OS reinstall you installed
the Audigy intead of the Echo, then this suggests it is causing
the problem, especially since that seems to be what triggered it
all the last time.

Jeff